Men often find themselves stuck in unfulfilling relationships with women. And when a quality woman does come along, men struggle to hold onto her. It all comes down to that initial vetting process called dating, and most importantly it means you aren’t paying attention to the many signals that women send you. Keeping a relationship goes beyond words, it’s about actions. It’s mutual servitude, among many, many things. This article is your guide to knowing your worth as a man; how to avoid heartbreaks; and setting your woman standards high.
We can’t ignore this fact any longer: most modern men are weak, emotionally and mentally. Think about it; why do so many men, who have lofty ambitions, find themselves tethered to women who do not share their values as a person or challenge them? Well, it’s because many men settle for less than they deserve; turning over their need for emotional security for a few minutes of bed action. This is called being p***y whipped.
This mindset, simply over women, is self-demeaning. Many men do not realize they’re involved with toxic women until hypergamy knocks on their door. So how can you avoid female timewasters? What steps can you take to stop such women from disrespecting you and undervaluing you? It starts with knowing your worth and then firmly setting your romantic relationship standards high.
The Problem With A Feminized Society
First, you have to understand that men and women live very different lives. Female and male energies while complimentary are contrasting and for a reason. As men, we perceive women to be angelic; society and especially the media has conditioned men to value women based on their appearance, beauty, and curves. On the other hand, women do not choose men solely on looks, they take a lot of things into consideration, such as “how can this man add value to my life?”.
You have to realize, that most women, if not all, find themselves being constantly pursued and in constant communication with a lot of admirers aka orbiters who because of their low self-worth put them on a pedestal and provide free attention and validation for them. This makes it socially acceptable and common for some women to promise a date and not show up. Such women possess Disney-type mentalities like prima donnas who feel like they deserve to be treated like princesses; and that any failings that they have must be forgiven. Just watch all these social media videos, especially on TikTok, of women attacking a perfectly respectful Uber driver or berating/trashing men in general.
Most men allow women to play games and make them go through hurdles. Because of this, they relinquish all forms of control to their female partner. If you do not know your worth as a man, you will always get played by time-wasting, toxic women.
How to Take Control?
This is pretty simple. You must understand that you are a ‘man’. And as a man, your resources (assuming you do have your life together) are important—you must protect them at all costs. However, being a man is not just about having hair in your balls and having a penis. That just makes you a biological male, that is it. Being a man is a matter of mindset, daily habits, an intentional choice, and an ongoing pursuit. So, if a woman makes up flagrant excuses for not replying to your text, or calls; for standing you up on dates; or for not being there for you when you need her; or worse always prioritizing other people and plans, you have one job: know your worth and MOVE ON!
Do not say anything offensive or act bitter. Keep it classy and gentlemanly, cut all contact, and move on. Remember, unfortunately, some women feel entitled to a quality man’s resources and attention even when they don’t genuinely deserve it or have earned it. The moment they do not get it, they go crazy. Give it a try, next time she sends her excuses, simply ignore her messages; she will do everything in her power to claw back your attention. By that time, unfortunately for her, you may already be on to the next option.
Do not allow a woman to get complacent, comfortable, and oblivious about your worth. But, again, it starts with you. You must continuously challenge yourself to grow and become a better man for yourself and those around you. You remember the old saying, “If you don’t respect yourself first, who will?”. It is true.
Guide To Knowing When A Girl Is Wasting Your Time
You’re probably wondering, “How do I identify a woman that’s wasting my time?” The truth is, the signs are there, but you just aren’t or decided not to see them. First, you have to understand that, as a man, you provide value and your masculine energy to a relationship. Therefore, you are valuable and not just another option in her roller deck of men hitting her up.
Here are some glaring signs that show when a girl is wasting your time:
- She doesn’t know what she wants: When she answers ‘I don’t know’ to serious life questions, it’s pretty clear she either doesn’t respect you enough to share her goals, or she’s just, downright clueless. Time to run.
- She does not plan dates with you: Never lower your standards for a woman who never reaches out to you. If she doesn’t involve you in her outings or never plans dates with you, she highly likely does not care. Most likely she is prioritizing other people and plans. Walk away.
- She only texts you when in need: Big red flag, gentlemen. If she only hits you up for a “Can you help me out…” or “I need a favor…” type conversation, jet out of there!
- She contributes nothing to your future: If she hangs on the fence about a long-term relationship with you, she definitely has other options and simply does not value you. Cut contact and move on.
- She asks for help too often: Brother, you deserve a woman who buys you nice things once in a while; one who takes care of you—not one who asks you for money all the time.
- She is committed to someone else: This is an obvious one. But just in case, if you know point-blank that she is still clinging on to a past relationship or marriage, or talking to other people, why chase her? That’s a lot of toxicity and low-quality behavior that you definitely have to avoid.
- She consistently cancels on you: Do not stay with a woman who constantly makes up excuses not to be with you. If she truly desires you, she will make time. Simple.
- She always brings her friend: If you’ve never had alone time with this woman, especially on a date, you’re her ‘buddy’, not her boyfriend. Leave her alone.
- She speaks more, and does less: Words like ‘I love you’ are simply words if there are no actions to support them. If her actions do not match her words, she isn’t right for you or anybody for that matter.
Setting Your Woman Standards High
“Only women, children, and dogs are loved unconditionally. A man is only loved under the condition that he provides something” – Chris Rock
As aforementioned, society is often on the side of ‘women’, and well ‘pets’ as well. Women are loved unconditionally—men are not. Women are raised to only consider men who provide sufficiently, financially, and emotionally—men are not.
We admire women based on appearances, and only a few of us consider their characters. It’s true. All men are guilty of this, at some point in their lives. That has to stop. You are hopefully a high-value man and you deserve nothing less in a woman. Your standards are equally important; therefore it’s paramount that you test the standards of women as well.
Gentlemen, you do not have to settle or set aside your self-respect and love for a woman who degrades you just for the sake of sex and/or companionship. Men should practice self-control so they are not conditioned by an unreal and obscure image of sex.
Guide To Set Your Standards For Women
- Let Her Invest In You: Allow her to take initiative her showing you her world. This way, you’re ensuring that she will invest in you. That is key, remember that. And if she doesn’t initiate the next date, then she’s really not as interested in you as you think.
- Test Her Independence: Does she pay her own bills? Does she have her own job? What are her passions? A truly independent woman will express values that will coincide with yours. And that’s how you identify a woman worthy of your time, money, and effort.
- Test Her Sexual Desires: You need to ascertain her responsiveness to your sexual advances while keeping her at bay. What does this mean? Well, most women have been placed on a pedestal all their lives; and when they do get ‘intimate’ with a man, most times, the man initiates sexual contact.
However, if you can make her wait for ‘it’, this turns the tables significantly. You have to make her understand that you want her sexually but are willing to wait for the intercourse. This sends her brain into a meltdown, and she will think long and hard about your demeanor. In her mind, you will stand out as one of the few men who truly care about her personality and not one of the hundred others who simply want to sleep with her for her looks and scram.
Know Your Worth: Setting Your Woman Standards
At the end of the day gentlemen, it’s all about setting your woman standards high by having a deep sense of knowing your worth, having an abundance mindset, finding shared values in women, and setting your frame in the relationship.
Check out our previous Wellness & Self-Development article here.
Modern Man Advice