Living life fully should not be a myth, nor it should be a concept or impossible. It is within the very grasp of your reality, your potential, and your present. It is within that first step you take on a thousand-mile journey.
Knowledge provides value to our lives but putting it into action empowers us. For every single thing you learn, you must spend double the time applying than you took to absorbing: the 2 to 1 ratio.
But before we jump into the 10 Do’s and Don’t’s, let’s take a deep dive into what living a fulfilling life might mean for each of us.
Know Your True Self
We must emphasize that every thought, adventure, journey, and more importantly positive change starts from within. But for any positive change to occur there is a fundamental step that should occur, truly know yourself. We believe to be two fundamental truths about men (and humanity in general):
- There is beauty in the uniqueness each of us posses
- There is no right or wrong, good or bad. It’s all perspective and a construct.
Before taking on a journey to self-improvement and full potential, there should be a journey that occurs from within. A journey that should be guided by our hearts and serenity in our minds. Once you can silence the mind from the day to day noise and distractions, you can let your heart guide you through what makes you-you. What makes you happy, gives you joy, gives you purpose, and ultimately settles the turbulent river within your brain.
If you have ever seen the “Kung Fu Panda” movie, you might recollect a scene between master Oogway and Shifu where master Oogway says “Your mind is like this water, my friend, when it is agitated it becomes difficult to see but if you allow it to settle the answer becomes clear”.
For some us, it might be a rather strange or unusual place to get inspired and seek wisdom but this movie is full of it. Our advice is to take a moment to embrace that quote and let it sink in. Reflect on what it means to you and how it resonates internally.
Discovering Your Essence
Once you allow yourself to tap into your true self then a window towards your essence opens up. It is only then when our minds settle that it becomes clear who you are meant to be, who you can be, and what you can accomplish. Do not ever let yourself or others doubt the uniqueness, essence, and value in you. That is in reality what is substantial about our existence. Without it, we are simply shells made of flesh and bones carrying thoughts and emotions around on this physical existence.
As mentioned above, there is no right or wrong around this concept and its ultimate purpose as discovering your essence is a very personal and profound journey. Furthermore, it is a journey that will change your perspective on living life fully as your energy, thoughts, and actions will revolve around your essence. Only then you can start planning and building a life that is centered on your values, your purpose, your happiness, and ultimately your essence.
Unfortunately, the grim reality is that most of us live a life preconditioned by society, our standardized education, the misuse of modern technology and so many other factors that suppress your very essence, your true potential, and subsequently yourself. Most of us will die never tapping into it.
Keep The Spark Within You Ignited
Within the single first step of the thousand-mile journey lies a spark. Without that spark, the journey becomes a brutal and imposing path for which you will only feel gravity working against you. Remember, there is no right or wrong and no one walks the same path nor grows at the same pace as you. Hopefully, that spark within you has already ignited by a deep feeling of curiosity. Something that tells us that there is more to this world than our eyes can see and more to ourselves than your mind can perceive.
It is all about the childlike curiosity in you. Never let it die. At the center of our essence lies a never-ending thirst for knowledge, for meaning, for purpose, for looking at the world through people’s eyes. A search for fundamental truth, for what is reality and effectively embracing all of it back into our essence.
And Finally, 10 Do’s & Don’ts of Living Life Fully
10 Do’s –
- Be Present – Always wonder why animals, especially dogs are always so happy and grateful? It is quite simple, they ALWAYS live in the present fully enjoying every passing second. There is a reason why the present is called “present”, it is a gift.
- Think Positively – Remember, we are we think. Positive Thoughts=Positive Mind=Positive Life
- Be Kind – There is a very powerful feeling when you simply take your guard down and simply act in kindness and compassion. It’ll become apparent, you’ll feel it tap into your fiber.
- Be True to Yourself – You can’t live life fully without knowing what life means to you and you alone.
- Give Back – This is similar to “Be Kind” but the difference is this encompasses an action. It is similar to the “Pay It Forward” concept.
- Inspire – Be a point of inspiration. Be the change you want to see in the world, other’s will follow.
- Be Curious – Curiosity tells us that there is more to this world than your eyes can see and more to yourself than your mind can sense. It will take you far.
- Take Action on Your Dreams – Do not live in the tomorrow, there is no better time than now for the now is all we have.
- Share Your Happiness and Sucess – We are not meant to walk this Earth alone. One mind is unique and beautiful, but a collection of minds is powerful and gives more meaning to life.
- Trust the Universe – Whether this means trusting a specific God or simply the universe, trust that there are great things aligned to you. Fully surrender. You will be surprised how much weights get lifted off our shoulders once you do.
10 Don’t’s –
- Live Life Through Others – Life is relatively brief and nothing short of amazing, why live it through others when it’s right in front of you?
- Feel Jealousy of Other’s Happiness or Sucess – This will immensely impact your ability to succeed yourself and learn from others. This is a collective journey that we go through at different paces, take advantage of others that have already gone through the first steps of their journey.
- Surround Yourself with Negative People – They will drain you and ultimately make you go off course and adrift. Instead, surround yourself with like-minded that will inspire you, motivate you, and ultimately help you grow.
- Let Fear Get in the Way – Life is full of endless possibilities and experiences. And it is also very short, do not miss out because of fear. Fear is an illusion.
- Let a Few Negative Emotions or Experiences Make You Jaded – You will inevitably encounter them along with your life. But the weight of the good emotions and experiences will outweigh the bad ones.
- Sit on Knowledge – Knowledge is important, but taking action on knowledge is power.
- Let Pride Get in the Way – Learn to be humble and open to growth.
- Listen to the Noise in Your Head – Silence the mind and the answers will become clear.
- Let Your Past Define You – The preconditioned mind can be hacked and reset. The only you that exists in time is now.
- Let Technology Isolate You – Its true purpose is to bring the world to your feet.
We strongly believe in the value and uniqueness of each of us. We are not here, nor we are meant, to walk alone.